Pages

29 February 2008

Happy Leap Day!

I had a good mail day today! I won a blog drawing for a cute stitchery kit over at My Yellow Farmhouse and my prize arrived today!Karen included some yummy candy (and I remembered to take a picture before eating it lol!) and a cute little Annie notepad and it all came wrapped up so cute...even the bubble wrap matched! Thank you so much Karen!!
And to to top it off my Cath Kidston Spring Catalog finally arrived! Here's a peek and you can go here to see more and here to order your own. I want it all!!!So I just realized (as I was looking with longing at these pictures) that I missed the deadline for posting the ironing board picture, over at Libby's. Well here's what I wished it looked like :)
Edit: It looks like I didn't miss it, I've got another hour!! so here it is:
Janine came over to work on our Country Loft BOM on Monday and I asked her to bring some of her quilt tops and of course I took pictures :) She just started quilting last May but you'd never know it by how fast and how well she cranks these babies out...just a natural I guess :) This one is from a Lakehouse kit she picked up at Road to California:
This is made from a jelly roll of Fresh Air by Moda using the Cozy quilt pattern pinwheel pirouette
And here is another heart quilt inspired by Sharon and this tutorial
And the high point of my week...and also the reason I didn't get much of my own sewing done, was when my daughter told me she wanted to make a quilt top (a small one) but didn't want to spend her $$ on fabric!! Like I didn't practically throw her in the car to go buy her some fabric LOL!!! She picked a pattern out of this book:called Everyday table topper and used the Mother Goose charm pack by Moda.

She had made one with me once before but this was her project all the way!! The only down side was that I couldn't sew all day!! But that can easily be fixed with a second sewing machine :)
Is anyone doing the quiltathon? I just read about this and it sounds fun!!! I'm going to go check it out and decide if it's something I can do by tomorrow!!! Have a great weekend everyone :)