05 March 2008

Quiltathon, quilt run and what's on your design wall?

Saturday I decided to participate in the quiltathon over here. Since I learned of it late, I didn't actually get the button on my blog, or even blog about it for that matter. I know myself well enough that I knew I would either spend the day on the computer figuring out buttons and blogging, or quilting, but not both lol so I chose to quilt! Anyway better late than never..here's what I accomplished on Saturday: I got two sets of borders on two quilts from last year. The first was my first strip club quilt from Cozy Quilts. Crossed Path made with Sunshine by Moda:The second was a quilt I made from this book:the pattern is Sunny Lanes with the Fall Back in Time line also by Moda.
The next one is scheduled for March 18th and I will get my button and be a better participant then!

Saturday was also the first day of the San Diego Cruisin' Quilters our annual shop hop! Monday and Tuesday were spent driving all over the county to 15 different quilt shops. I behaved myself pretty good...Tomorrow we will do our last 4! I got my first peek at the new Mary Engelbreit fabric "Friends and Flowers" at our first stop in Fallbrook at The Quilter's Cottage--Here's Janine...modeling it? LOL!
They had charm packs and Jellyrolls and one fat quarter bundle which was tempting. I gave in to it and picked up a couple of charm packs and a jellyroll but I resisted the bundle and held out in hopes of finding yardage somewhere...and Tuesday that reserve paid off when I found the whole line in yardage at Rosie's who sells it at a 25% discount no less woohoo!!!
I'm planning on using it with this pattern:
from this book:
I was happy to find this panel (1/2 off!) that I saw at Christmas time on someone's blog and coveted it, but couldn't find it anywhere.Had to add to my Lakehouse collection
and I've got to use this soon before it becomes a 20 something yard collection like my Freshcut....which yes I actually bought 2 more that I didn't have yet!
And of course I can never resist shabby chic or "vintagey" stuff!
And lastly but not leastly :) Kathie asked a while back what was on our design wall...so here it is:
I'm a little over halfway done, I think I need about 32 more blocks. So I'm off to go get a few more done! Have a great week!

28 comments:

Shelly said...

I wish I was talented enough to sew a quilt! I love quilts and buy several of them every year from our local Amish. (I live in PA, so Lancaster is close by). You are very talented!

Pam said...

Whoo hoo...My ME fab arrived via Mr Brown yesterday! Jelly roll and charm pkgs will become place mats, table runner and hot pads. I also have 2 panels that will become roman shades in MCM (a.k.a. My Creative Mind a.k.a my sewingroom). I love this line...it is perfect!

Pam, who is usually@
www.pamgwillim.com
but whose site is currently down!! ugh!

Beth said...

Oh my gosh! Where is the paper bag!? I am over here hyperventilating from looking at all the pretty stuff you bought on the quilt run! Oh my gosh, spectacular stuff! I can't wait until we all get together again and go to Country Loft and all those fun places.

Kathy Wagner said...

I enjoyed catching up with you on your blog tonight. You have made some awesome quilt tops lately!
I always love your photos...great eye candy!

Paula said...

Wow, you've got some great treasures there....and I love the "partial" quilt on your design wall. Very nice.

Linda said...

Love your two quilts and the one on the design wall is terrific. Now about your shop hop..... OMG.... and you say you were well behaved......lol..... I think you need to teach me how to shop....lol... Very yummy purchases.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOWZER!!! You did some serious shopping and still found time to quilt. Your my hero.
I love your quilts you've made. That Cheerios looks very complicated but will be great with your ME fabrics. I see you found your Christmas fabric. All you had to do was ask and I would have coughed it up for ya. LOL!!

Cheryl said...

Those two quilts are wonderful. And holly molly, love all the goodies you bought as well as all the great eye candy!! Great quilt to make using the ME fabs!

Bren said...

Fun, fun post!! Love all your goodies!! I would not call that behaving myself though!!!! LOL

Carol said...

What a wonderful post...love your quilts and your loot is outstanding. I think the quilt you picked to do with the ME is perfect. And the one on your design wall is sooooooo pretty.

Beth said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I am going on my first shop hop in April, I can't wait. I think I better start saving my money! I wanted to do the quiltathon too, which I did, but I am so dumb at using the computer I couldn't figure out how to put the button on my blog. I am going to try to figure it out before the next one.

Thimbleanna said...

Holy cow -- look at all that fab shopping -- you're going to be one busy girl! The pattern you selected is going to look great with those ME fabrics@

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

First of all your posts are always so great and your pics make me drool. I love the fabrics and your work. You do such great great work. Your quilt tops are unbelievable. Love them. I have that Nickel book but haven't used it yet. I love the ME fabric and I gotta get some of that. The Lakehouse is so darn cute, too. Such fun stuff. You amaze me.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Lots of such pretty colors! And I love that last quilt on your design wall. Looks like a Miss Rosie's pattern I have that I haven't made yet.

country mouse said...

Such beautiful works in progress! What great finds during the shop hop too. Love shop hops, I always end up spending more that I plan, but so worth it. Such wonderful fabric you found!

Katie said...

I'm stumbling around the Internets trying to find red fabric with white dots -- and found your blog. Did you buy some Mary Engelbreit fabric like that? I think it's Red Geranium -- I'm trying to find out if it is a true red. Could you answer this question?

Kim said...

I would have snapped up the Lakehouse and vintagey fabrics if I saw them...good thing you got there first! LOL, now I am really wishing I had waited to head out there so I could do this quilt run...next year! Enjoy. :)

Amanda said...

Wow. You got a lot done during the quiltathon! The quilts are gorgeous! I really love the Sunny Lanes done in the Fall fabrics.

You and Sharon have me wanting that Mary Engelbreit fabric!

I'll try to help you with the quiltathon button. I'll e-mail you!

Bec said...

I saw your comment on my blog and have come for a squiz - oh my, it was almost too much! What stunning quilts!
Bec in Australia

Darlene said...

I love the way you shop! LOL Wowzer, great looking projects! I love 'em all.

Quilting For Less said...

Wow, what a bunch of SUPER BEAUTIFUL fabric! Also love what's on your design wall! BTW... just stumbled upon your blog. Thanks for letting me visit!

Regards,
Susan

Karen said...

You had a VERY GOOD TIME on the shop hop. What fun!

Doe said...

Since I'm on a fabric diet, I'm just going to live vicariously thru you. Love,love,love everything here! Oooh, I can't wait to see your ME quilt next time.

julieQ said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am a sucker for those jelly rolls...

Wendy said...

My gosh you sure did shop up a storm. I love all the yummy fabric you found and just had to bring home. Wonderful quilt on your design wall. It that going to be a big one? Queen size?

Sew Prim Khris said...

My goodness girl you got so much done. And they both look fabulous. I have the Nickel Quilt book which I am yet to use. Well I have both books now. Does Rosies have an online store at all? I love those fabrics too. Hugs Khris in Oz

Lynette Anderson said...

My goodness you are one busy woman. The shop hop sounds like alot of fun and I just love the quilts you are making.

Judy said...

Very, very pretty! Love the borders you did and the ME fabrics are perfect with that pattern!