23 October 2010

Sew Scraps Along

1sewscrapsalongjpg
I’m joining in the scrap sewing extravaganza over at Pleasant Home.  If you have never been to Jody’s blog you must go over NOW!  So much wonderfulness, seriously.  I am (as usual) a bit behind.   When I re-arranged my sewing room last Summer I started cutting my scraps into squares and strips so they’re ready to use.

DSC_0432
DSC_0431
DSC_0430

Unfortunately  hadn’t yet gotten to all the scraps I’d collected pre-clean up.  So today I tackled them…what a mess! I didn’t get out my camera until I was well into it….that red tub was overflowing along with a couple of other smaller ones, you get the idea. 

DSC_0438

But now I’ve got them sorted and bagged and “tubbed” yay!

DSC_0442

Here is what I’ve kept out to do my scrap patchwork with.

DSC_0446
I’m excited to get started….

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Great organization! I really need to cut my scraps too. I don't have a ton yet, so getting an advanced start seems like a wise idea.

Thimbleanna said...

You're so organized! Are you for hire? I could sure use some organization in my sewing room! Can't wait to see your scrappy quilt!

Kris said...

Wow, you are really organized. I need to spend some time in my sewing room doing that too! Going to check out the blog you mentioned now.

Carol said...

WOW! You did an awesome organizing job...will you come get me organized...PLEASE?

Stina said...

Ahhh..interesting.. I really really should join in.. have way too many scraps... but the TIME.. sigh.. will be my pleasure to at least follow you.. :o) and see what you come up with..:O)

Kathie said...

nothing like having your strips cut and ready to use when you start a new project
and well scrappy projects are the best, love all the fabrics we get to revisit!
Kathie

Darlene said...

Wow, Lil Sis you're super organized. I'm a wee bit jealous! LOL

Big Hugs!

Louise said...

I am so very impressed with all of your creative energy. I need to do that as well and no idea where to start!! I have inventoried magazines for selling..they are residing in my grand daughter's bedroom and she won't be home until Thanksgiving from college..hmm maybe I better hop to it...

Louise said...

I am so very impressed with all of your creative energy. I need to do that as well and no idea where to start!! I have inventoried magazines for selling..they are residing in my grand daughter's bedroom and she won't be home until Thanksgiving from college..hmm maybe I better hop to it...

NancyNoBlogBlogs said...

Look at you girlfriend. I wish I were that organized. I also wish for more time then I could be more organized. Alas, I'll just have to wade through my fabric to get what I need.

thefairygardenerquiltstoo said...

I like how you labeled your boxes with the size of the strips and squares. I think that's a big time saver.

Gail :)

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm working on getting more organized too...but it's boring, so I have to force myself to focus! So..what are you going to make?!?