05 January 2009

Monday

is here and as promised I am posting for the Diet Challenge 2009. If you're not dieting please stop reading now or you will be bored out of your mind. No really I mean it. Well I had good news and bad news today. I weighed myself. Bad news. I checked my Weight Watchers point allowance and my 5 pound gain allotted me 2 extra points. Good news. In a twisted way. Yes Weight Watchers is my diet of choice and no I'm not doing meetings...this blog challenge is going to serve as my meeting :) I am not going to post my weight for the whole world to see (yeah I know the whole world doesn't read my blog) but I am giving you a big clue when I say I used to get 22 points a day and then I gained 5 pounds and now I get 24 points. If you are doing WW you will be able to figure out my weight from these clues. And no please don't give me your guess o.k.? LOL the whole point is to keep that offensive number off of my blog! I am pretty much a professional Weight Watcher...I have done the program hmmm o.k. maybe just twice that's not too bad. The first time was after my first baby and the second time...wait maybe 3 times...oh you know what? Just forget it.
O.k. so here are some of the things that are going to be giving me sustenance for the next few months.This is how I will be starting my days almost without exception oh and coffee of course! 3 point coffee no less because I will have half and half in my coffee...somethings just aren't negotiable.Never buy the Fiber One that looks like chex it is really bad. This stuff reminds me of honey bunches of oats and the fiber makes the point count really low. I will pretty much always eat either lentils or tomato pepper soup for lunch and then I get lots of points left for dinner, which is the most important meal to me. In fact when I'm not dieting I don't even remember breakfast or lunch half the time...which just shows you how much I must have been eating for dinner...yikes. Well that's about it...I do have one more picture of my cereal...diet posting just doesn't lend itself to photo ops. And no--no before picture yet...I'm still giving that some thought :)
O.k. ladies we can do this!!!!

18 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Weight Watchers is my diet of choice too and I've done it so many times I've lost count. I still have some really old recipes that are favorites and I pull them out every once in a while. But I really like this point system - even my husband has counted points and done pretty well with it. I do have questions though...what is the skinny cow stuff? And the tasty bite stuff? in the picture. I generally have toast with a "diet" bread, meaning 40 calories per slice with a little All Fruit instead of real jelly. But sometimes I have cereal...and I like your brand but I also have learned to add a little Benefiber to different cereals to bring the points down. It does take my tummy a while to get used to all the fiber! blessings, marlene

GARI said...

I have been doing WW since April: 51# weight loss. What I have learned is that I need variety in order to stay on program. I go to meetings: can't do it on my own for some reason. Best of luck on your adventure with WW.

Janet said...

Hi there - first time comment from me I think - but I'm a fellow dieter! I've done the WW thing both online and in meetings. I think I'll just use it as reference this time. It seems like this is harder the older I get. Good luck to us all!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Way to go Tammy. I'm proud of you for actually doing a post on schedule!! YOU GO GIRL!!! And I bought that same cereal. Havent tried it yet. Finished up my other first. But tomorrow I may give it a whirl. Nothing like chewing on straw for breakfast. I'l pretend Im a COW!!! LOLOL Oh wait........I AM!! Moooooo
Stick to it!! We can do this!!! OH yes we can. Now do you have that money ready??? You know the cash prize???

Tropical Storm Jenessa said...

i joined sharon too - i've done weight watchers before and the one they don't count is your sugars (well, unless they've changed that i haven't done it by the book since 2000 when my now DH discovered i love dark chocolate/mint truffles and i got 2 lbs a week) - so remember to keep an eye on those too.

Kate said...

I did WW a few years back, without meetings also. I like that it is flexible, and that you can choose just what you want to eat. Its also more sustainable long term.

Good point regarding sugar; all the WW food you can buy here in Aus is low points, but very high in sugar, which is not good.

Best of luck!

Carol said...

Way to go! You're being soooooo good. I'm going to be better...today is the day!

Jeanette said...

Good luck on your weight loss! I started yesterday doing WW, too. I'm not going to go to meetings, either since I'd rather spend the money on fabric. :-D I had a rough year last year, so I *really* need to lose weight this year to feel better for so many reasons. I'll watch your progress to add to my motivation!! Thanks for posting! -Jeanette

em's scrapbag said...

You go girl! Wishing you much success.

Patsy said...

Good luck on your journey. I will be keeping in touch with you. I know you can do this. Great blog, just found you while blog hopping.

Judy said...

Good for you!

mamaspark said...

I laughed when you said the cereal with the flakes is better than the one with the squares. I feel exactly the opposite!! Although I do love the Skinny cow. You're right, we CAN do it!!

meggie said...

Good luck with it all!

Tonje said...

Good luck with the diet! I should really go on a diet myself, but I'm soooo bad at it. I think I'll just start with not eating so many sweeties... and take it from there...

Carole said...

Looks like you're on a good start! I never did well with WW. To much to count and remember.

As for cereals, you might want to try the Fiber 1 bran - it's like 60 cal per cup. I'm with you, half and half is just not negociable!

Enjoy!

Tall House Quilts said...

Does that really taste like Honey Bunches of Oats? I will have to go get me some of that. I too am back on weight watchers for the multipleth time. The first time I wrote the numbers on all the food in the house with a sharpie and my daugher wanted to know why I was eating my food in numeric order. LOL

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Good luck to you - looks like you're off to a great start. I would love to do WW some day but for now it's not in my budget, so instead I'll be spying on what you're eating for some inspiration. :)

Khris said...

Good on you girl...I just got back from my big 3 months holiday in the States and OMG I ate like a pig. Was so spoilt with all the good food with friends and now I have to pay for it. I was trying to lose some weight before but now I have at least 20kg (44lbs) to lose. I have just joined WW and did think about blogging but felt so embarrassed about it..agghhhh. Anyway, good luck girl..hugs Khris