20 November 2008

All the Usual Suspects

So it's been awhile since I last blogged. I didn't realize how long until I logged on just now to post about a fun shopping day with my girlfriends---and saw that my last post was about a fun shopping day with same said girlfriends...wow! So, do I really need to mention that not a lot blog worthy has been going on here? Probably not.
So it was "all the usual suspects" for our (what we hope to be) monthly shopping/lunching girls day out. This time we met up in Vista at Fat Quarters. They had some adorable samples and for some reason I took no pictures...go over to Nancy's and see the cute ME quilt made with the same pattern I used for my hopscotch quilt a while back. After Fat Quaters we headed out to Fallbrook to Quilter's Cottage (is that the right name?) where some of us spent enough to get cute blue bags and some of us didn't lol! Next it was on to Temecula where we stopped for sustenance at a yummy barbeque place that Sharon knew. The cook was a crack up and I think he had a crush on Deb...I'll let her tell that story lol! I don't know what the other diner's in the place made of us when our food arrived and instead of digging in we all whipped out our camera's and began frantically snapping photo's of the food and eachother taking pic's of the food. Pretty funny lol!And the food was picture worthy:I had a birthday between shopping trips and those sweet girls surprised me with presents! From Deb, who knows I love to read, I got a book that is next on my reading list, a bag full of "smell good" goodies, that cute little leather box filled with little Vera Wang stuff (I love Vera Wang!) and a cute little tablet. Sharon brought me this Jelly Roll "Objects of Desire" from Quilt Market--don't you love those colors? I do!Here's a closer picture:And this wonderful tea from Hawaii, I wish I could let you smell it--it is heavenly :)
Janine brought everyone cute little Christmas goodies. Notice the empty wrappers? I set it down for 5 minutes to get the camera ready and I come back and someone has already eaten some!!
Oh and Nancy and I share a birthday and she sent me this adorable card with a starbucks card and she's searching for a template for me :) Thanks girls!!I was pretty well behaved and only got a little bit of fabric. I have no self control where cherries are involved :)
Isn't this apron fabric adorable?
Some Christmas goodies:And some new patterns, I can't wait to start on the on the one from Bunny Hill.My SSCS package arrived a few days ago from Tracy at Pink Purl. I love that pink polka dot wrapping paper. I am really going to have a hard time waiting until Christmas to open these goodies! The chocolate should tide me over for a bit. I was so excited that Tracy was my partner I love what she does, go check out her blog!I have been doing a little bit of sewing but mostly stuff that I can't show...Christmas you know :) I am coming along with my SSCS projects and should have them off this weekend...hopefully. I've made some more progress on my stars quilt, I think I figured out I have about 9 more to go.

O.k. hopefully it won't take me 3 weeks to blog next time, with the Holidays coming so soon you never know...

29 comments:

Vickie E said...

I was beginning to wonder what was up..glad you blogged and caught me up on things. I love the new fabric and goodies...
Your girls day looked like fun!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great pictures Tammy.I guess we must meet next month so you can blog again. LOLOL!! I love your star quilt. Very cute. Love those fabrics. It was so much fun shopping with you and Janine. We must do it once a month!!!!

Pat said...

Love all of your goodies. I have that Bunny Hill Pattern and love. I hope to have it done for next Christmas!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday...looks like fun was had by all. Lot's of happy faces there. Pretty fabrics and the stars quilt is going to be gorgeous, I do love those star quilts. :)

Vangie said...

I just bought that same Bunny Hill pattern. Love her designs. I have made three other quilts from her patterns. I thought the picture you took of everyone taking pictures of the food was hilarious.

Joan said...

Love the picture of you ladies with the cameras at the ready. Lovely materials

Eileen said...

FUN stuff.
Ok.. so that cherries and peaches fabric that looks like a vintage tablecloth.. is that a new fabric line?? It looks so real.

Carol said...

What a fun, fun day! I just told Deb that I need to come back out for a shopping day. You found some wonderful goodies...love the patterns. Your stars are looking awesome! Love it!

Tracy said...

HI, Tammy! Glad to see you updated...and with another fun adventure! ;o) Looked like a grand time with your friends there...and such treats! That Jelly Roll and retro fabrics have me drooling...LOL! ;o) Such fun to see my package to you here...hehehhe...yup, it was me, your SSCS Partner--SURPRISE! :o) Glad you at least dug into the chocolate while you wait to open the rest...ENJOY! Your Stars Quilt is looking wonderful...it has such a nice, homespun feel! Happy Weekend to you & yours ((HUGS))

Wendy said...

Going shopping at quilt stores and having lunch with a bunch of girls is the best time. You sure got some nice goodies on your trip and birthday stuff too. I don't know how you can look at those little packages and not open them...come on just one...teehee. I love the star quilt, that reminds me of a UFO I have waiting for m.

em's scrapbag said...

I had missed you. Looks like you had a delightful day with friends. I love all the goodies you bought/received. The stars are looking fabulous.

Jackie said...

Good to see you back! Looks like you had a fun time with friends. Loving the Fruity fabric and the apron fabric.

sewkalico said...

Lovely fabrics and gorgeous stars!

Thimbleanna said...

Well I, for one. am shocked that you could outspend Sharon! Looks like you girlies had a fantastic time. I cracked up at the image of you all snapping pics of your lunch!

debbie said...

Your GIRLS day sounds and looks so fun!! Friends always seem to make birthdays fun!! My favorite picture is the one of your sewing table!! It is what all productive and happy sewing tables should look like!! Love your star quilt!! debbie

Karen said...

A late Happy Birthday! Your sure collected lots of goodies from your friends.
The cherry fabric reminds me of a table cloth from the 40's or 50's. Do you have plans for it? I like cherry fabric also.

meggie said...

Your stars are looking good!
So many lovely goodies.

Simply This and That said...

Tammy, you're gonna have to pop over to my blog later in the week. I won the Postcard for Cuties Winter pattern from Anne earlier this year, and I started it a couple weeks ago. I did a totally different color combo and it's turning out so cute! My blocks are all sewn and I've started to do the embroidery and applique. I'm going to be posting about it later this coming week. ;o) That Apron fabric is ADORABLE! Who puts it out? ooxx`jodi

belinda said...

ooooo girl......this post was worth waiting for..."full and bursting" at the seams!!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Loved all the pictures. The star blocks are turning out so nice.

Cheryl said...

You girls- always so much fun!! And I am cracking up. One of the ladies at quilt camp had that Bunny Hill quilt done and when I got home I got the pattern and all the fabric to go with!! It is so cute!

Tracy said...

Happy belated Birthday!

I always enjoy reading about your shopping adventures. You have such fun friends!

I ADORE the apron fabric! I can't wait to see how you use it.

I have been sewing things I can't show either... after Christmas we will all have such fun things to post!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I too want to do the Bunny Hill Pattern you have there :O)... its so cute!!

Connie W said...

You guys are always having so much daggone fun! Lucky you!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

You guys have way too much fun! How can you blog? You're too busy having a good time! Thanks for sharing though, love all the pics of fun stuff.

Tonje said...

Sounds like you had a fab day shopping and eating... and I'm glad you blogged again... I was starting to miss you...

AlaskaBerninaGirl said...

I just got back from my brother's retirement from 30 years in the Marine Corp. Because I read your blog and saw the names of a couple of quilt shops in your area I looked them up and went for a visit. My brother lives in Fallbrook so first I went to Quilter's Cottage, nice shop. Next stop was Fat Quarters, WOW that shop speaks to me! I love that place and the ladies there were so AWESOME and so HELPFUL. I spent a wad but could have easily spent three or four more had I the luxury of time. Unfortunately I had non-craftswomen waiting for me outside [darn it] and couldn't stay as long as I would have loved to. Thank you for showing me the way through your blog and I will relive my visit there each time you post pictures from those shops. Thanks so very much!

Amanda said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Tammy! You girls always have so much fun. I get together with my friends once a month, too. It's so great to have friends that love to quilt, too, and shop at quilt shops. None of them blog, so they don't really understand that part. :)

I love your stars quilt!

Anonymous said...

tammy your stars look great.
What are you going to do with them. A special design or anything.

Kim

knaylor@san.rr.com