08 February 2010

Who's yer daddy?

So it's only been 2-1/2 months since my last post...does it count that I have a ton of drafts? I had good intentions. Really. So here is the newest bundle of cuteness at the Parker household...meet Winston: Totally cute, right? Janine's dog, "little Sophie" (as opposed to my Newfoundland "Big Sophie"), who I dog sit often and love much, is his mommy; his paternity is unknown. I'd forgotten that a new puppy keeps you almost as busy as a new baby. He is doing really well and may I just say that if any of you are contemplating a new puppy and want some good "puppy-rearing" advice...Go Ask Carol.
Someone accused me of "favoritism so here are some other inhabitants of our petting zoo:
Our mini-lop Daisy. Our new puppy Winston....oh wait I showed him already...Our orphan turtle Trixie. She was found in the middle of a road in pretty bad shape. Trixie is hard to get a picture of in the winter...when she comes out of hibernation I'll get a better one. Can anyone guess where she got her name? There could be a prize.
Oops how did he get in here again??? Sheesh.Shadow Cat. Yup that's his name...Shadow Cat. I have not forgotten about the tutorial for the Authentic quilt (Shown here). I don't know if I mentioned it before, (I think it's one of my drafts that never got published) but I'm using this pattern for a Mother/Daughter quilt class I'm teaching. We have two finishes so far. Well almost finished, we haven't border shopped yet. Here is Sarah's; notice the cute feet :)I am going to try and post the tutorial this week or at least the first part of it.

So I have no new quilts to show...I covered my sewing machine in November and didn't go into my sewing room (except to wrap presents) again until January. I had to clean it up for our sewing class...we meet here on 3rd Tuesdays. Thankfully after I had it all cleaned up I felt like sewing again. I was starting to worry, I'm not gonna lie to you. I have a lot of fabric to use...I am not allowed to lose interest lol!!! I have decided that I need 2010 to be the year of finishing projects. I am a great starter, I started eight new projects in November!!! I am sorry to report that I did not finish a single one. So I pulled out my Reflections quilt and have been working on it while Winston naps. Good grief he is such a show-off. O.k. I think I need to go join these nappers now :)




21 comments:

Cara said...

Aww so cute! I'm glad your ok and having a good busy time of things.

Jackie said...

Winston is just way too cute!! You definitely have a menagerie of animals. I would have more if I could, they just take hold of your heart and don't let go. I bet Trixie got her name because she can do some kind of trick. Don't worry about getting back into sewing, it will all come back!

quiltdolls said...

happy to see you back. Have not seen you at the loft lately.

kim from san diego

Darlene said...

Well, there you are!!!!! I've missed you so much and I'm so glad to see you. Please please do your tutorial - I LOVE that quilt. It's beautiful.

Winston is cute, cute, cute but a bit of a ham. LOL

paulette said...

Whooopteee-doo....she's back!! I missed you!!
I love your newest addition...too cute! He suits his name too!!

I think Trixie is called Trixie because Trix are for kids!
Paulette

Mickie said...

That Puppy is too cute for words..........Glad to see you back!

Pat said...

You were missed. Glad you are back!!

Colleen said...

Oooh Winston is adorable!! Glad to see you posting :o) Okay, my guess is that Trixie is named after the teenage mystery heroine, Trixie Belden.... and I am probably way off base!

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, he's adorable! You've been a very bad blogger, but I guess a new puppy is a very good excuse. Love that pinwheel quilt!

Crafty Mama said...

Awwww, he is so stinkin cute!!!!
I can't wait for that tutorial, the quilt is gorgeous! And the pinwheels are so, so pretty!

debbie said...

How cute is that puppy. I had to show my hubby as our cocker spaniel is called "Winston" after Winston Churchill of course. I am not sure why the Turtle is called Trixie.Does she do tricks. Maybe she gets into tricky places.

Kathie said...

love the puppy pictures, oh my gosh Winston is just too cute! ok love the pinwheel quilt, wow can't wait to see more
trixie first thing that popped into my head is Trixie the wife in the Honeymooners show....a very "slow" woman....
glad to see a post from you I was starting to worry....
thought I was going to have to send the quilt police over to see where you were
Kathie

loulee said...

Good to see this post made it. Winston is such a cutie, and so is that pinwheel quilt.

Carol said...

Winston just could not be cuter. Love your reflections quilt and your Mother/Daughter quilt is just awesome...oh a tutorial would be wonderful! Glad you're back!

Connie W said...

Twice I went through a deep dry spell and once wondered if I would ever have the desire to quilt again. Finally it did return. I've talked with other quilters and also knitters who have experienced this so it's not so uncommon. I'm glad you posted again, been missing you. :)

Nanci said...

Ok, I was on Mama Sparks and I saw this photo of this face and here I am on your wonderful blog!
Too cute is that puppy. Now I must keep coming back to see the growth. I note that he is crated...good for you..the easiest, easiest way to train a puppy! Even Terriers like Westies, that was almost named Winston (after the cup) but settled for Wison (as in Pickett) instead.

Karen said...

Miss Ginger Patches, you are alive & well! Your new addition to the family is a cutie. I love the post title! A big laugh with that one.

NancyNoBlogBlogs said...

Winston is soooo cute. Its weird that I blog more than my birthday twin. And I too have a post sitting in drafts. Again, Winston is soooo cute. All your animals are pretty lucky.

VeeV said...

WELCOME back!!!!!

i've been checking in on a regular basis....and am glad to see you back at it.

winston is smoochable....as is shadow cat..... not so sure about trixie though....hm...

looking forward to the tutorial..

xo
eva

Quilter Kathy said...

Reflections is really cool...hope you finish that one :)
I'm trying to do the same thing...simmer down with the starts and big push on the finishes.
Winston is beyond adorable!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That puppy is just the cutest thing ever Tammy.
You've been busy over there with the sewing machine too.